Our Professional Cleanings Focus On A Healthy Mouth and Life
It is vital to prevent mouth bacteria from dangerous build up on your teeth, and one of the best ways to do this is receiving regular (twice yearly) teeth cleaning and polishing in our office.
While the plaque that forms on our teeth can usually be cleaned off with a good toothbrush, as it is soft and sticky, tartar, a hardened plaque at the surface of the tooth, cannot be! It forms both below and above the gum line and can only be removed with dental instruments.
- Our professional dental cleanings are a preventative measure that can destroy harmful mouth bacteria before it becomes plaque or tartar.
- With our professional teeth cleanings, our patients can be assured that we are taking proactive and essential measures to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and more severe health problems.
- Those more severe health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease, are also directly linked to the mouth bacteria mentioned above, which causes gum disease.
To make the surface of your teeth smooth, our hygienists will also polish your teeth after we professionally clean them in our office because the softer the enamel surface of your teeth, the more difficult it is for plaque and tartar to build up on them.
In this cleaning process, we use a small, motorized rubber cup with a polishing paste that has an abrasive quality. In some severe cases of stubborn stains, we will also employ a baking soda formula and a unique air polisher.
- Depending on the degree of infection build-up a patient has experienced and the type of oral hygiene program they use at home, we may suggest a deeper cleaning involving root planing and scaling.
- As a patient, your mouth will become more healthy and cleaner than you ever thought possible when we combine these two services.
As you probably have gathered from this information, dental health is essential to your overall health. Poor dental hygiene can lead to serious dental problems, such as gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease, and widespread health problems like heart disease.
We trust this has convinced you to give us a call for a consultation appointment and schedule a professional dental cleaning in our office.